Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Had To Pony Up for Some New Kicks

So we had a little extra cash , of course there are always good things to put that towards, but Mrs Schlub talked me into buying a new pair of shoes.  In all honesty I needed a pair, Ive been using a pair that I bought for $25 a few years ago and they just arent as good as other shoes out there.  I headed down to our running store after work and went through the process of getting fitted and buying a REAL pair of shoes.  You learn so much when they take pictures and video of your running motion.

What did I end up with????

 
Asics Gel Nimbus 16.  I was set on trying the Hoka brand shoes and they just didnt look good on my feet.  You arent suppose to look at your feet when you run, but I just couldnt look at them.  So after a few different shoes, these are the ones I went with and they feel amazing.  Been walking around the house with them all day and I'll be using them tomorrow to hopefully have them broken in for my race next week.

Who is ready to race???

6 comments:

  1. Good luck today! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get 'em speedy!! Love a new pair of running shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, race report coming soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you found a new pair of running shoes, and took the time to get fitted. I would surmise that the $25 pair is going to make its way to the grass for yard work. I haven't tried on the Nimbus 16 yet, but will when they arrive and post a review on my blog. I ran in the Cumulus 15 and did like this shoe, and hope to try on and review the Cumulus 16 sometime soon.

    I like to tell people that you have to get past the look of shoes by Hoka and simply try them on to gauge comfort. Some people can't do this though. Therefore, I like to say that "form follows function." Comfort is critical. Best wishes on the upcoming race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing how different fitted shoes feel. These things feel like pillows on my feet.

      I can usually get past the look, but the sole being semi arced was throwing me off too. I know that is suppose to promote a mid foot strike but it felt uncomfortable when I was walking around the store.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!