Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Can't Tell How I'm Feeling Today

Good Mood...Still can't believe Sage Canaday took the time to answer some questions for me. Had huge number of page views yesterday because he posted to his Twitter account. Unbelievable!!

Bad Mood...Ran 4 miles yesterday. Really opened it up for mile 3 which felt great then I started to feel the old knee again. Really disappointing. Can't tell if its the ITB or just running pains from my squats and lunges.

Good Mood...So far this month I've had two four mile runs. Good start to the month and with or run on the 26th being 4.2 miles, very good training for that race.

As you can see, depending on what measure I'm looking at, I'm either pleased with running right now or just want to lay in bed and watch TV lol. Good thing is I enjoy running to much and I'm to stubborn to just be lazy so more icing, more stretching and even more miles to come.

Ok question for everyone...Sage said his weekly millage is between 90 & 100 miles, is it crazy to think "hey I can do that" lol. Let me know what you think...

2 comments:

  1. You definitely have to work up to it--I am talking years! I can't believe how much those ultra runners run--mind blowing. When I was training for a 50k, I did a lot of miles running (relative to my usual--maybe 40-45 miles a week), but I trained doing "time on my feet" with other things...I would run, then go to the gym and take a spin class, then go briskly walk the dogs, and later in the day do an easy run or walk or bike ride...I just couldn't do too many miles. I would jump in any exercise class that would work in my schedule, or play pickle outside with the kids. That being said, I was training to complete, not compete. It worked.
    It just fascinates me to hear about those runners. Someday....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEARS???? That's going to take too long lol. Yeah they run a ton of miles, I would find it hard to find enough time for all those miles. Then again that sounds like an excuse lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!