Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Can You Call That a Run & First Ever Pictures

We are getting closer and closer to this weekends race.  Yesterday was my last hard run for the week, I planned to do a 3 mile recovery run today and tomorrow then rest Thursday and Friday.  Well I dont think I can even call tonight an actual run.  I threw the leash on Buster and away we went.  Started out pretty good at a smooth 8 min pace and about a quarter mile in my stomach started to bother me.  It was either not enough time for my food to digest or just too much food period, but my stomach was not happy.  Made it to the half mile point, turned around and walked back home.  1 mile recovery walk/run.....yikes!!

Well some take aways from this run.  Make sure I am watching my meals in conjunction with my run, that could of avoided this whole issue.  Pretty much a rookie move right there.  My legs are tired from yesterdays hard run, so no need to push it today.  Overall I'm taking it in stride, stretch and rest is what I need right now.  We will try another recovery run tomorrow before my rest days.

Now back to The Pat Tillman Run.  I commented in my race recap that we took some pictures at the event and I got return comments from Mrs Schlub and some readers about not sharing the race pictures.  So for the FIRST TIME EVER in the history of The Running Schlub, here are race day photos. 


Pre Race Photo


Coming to the Finish

This guy carried 42 pounds on his back for all 4.2 miles in honor of Pat Tillman....CRAZY!!!

Pretty much the luckiest guy on the planet!!
 

Who had a good run today, someone please have a good run to share!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing the Juvenile Diabetes charity event! That's great! I've always wanted to do the "BeatThe Bridge" (for JDRF) event in Seattle but something always gets in the way. maybe because I fear NOT being able to beat the bridge....if you are too slow the drawbridge goes up and you don't make it! Now there's a motivator huh? Good luck in your race this weekend!! Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that event sounds awesome, I would totally try that.

      We will see how things go.

      Delete
  2. Whoo for pictures! Look how cute you and the Mrs. look at the race! You guys look so happy!

    Crazy that the guy carried 42lbs! So hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time, running has really done a lot of good things for us.

      Yeah I know, I saw him carrying it up one of the hills and Mrs Schlub and I told each other, there is no way either of us is complaining if he can do that.

      Delete
  3. love the pics!!! looks like you had fun :)

    i can't count the number of times that i've forgotten to prep for running in my eating as well. you'd think that i'd learn the lesson and get smart about it....but no....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time, tons of fun.

      I dont think the learning ever stops. Even the elite athletes have bad days, I guess us amateurs should cut outselves some slack.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the pictures! It looks like you had fun!

    Yeah, sometimes I try and run too soon after I have eaten...apparently burgers aren't good pre-run food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time, really enjoyed the event.

      Burgers sound like a great pre run meal, I guess you just need about 12 hours for digest time before you run lol.

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures! Looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had tons of fun.

      Thanks, we will try our best and see what happens.

      Delete
  6. What a cute pair you are :) I can't believe someone carried 42 lbs, that is hardcore. I share my up and downs with running all the time lol and I 've done the exact same thing... I can't run super hungry but once I eat it takes a few hours or it messes with me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Yeah that guy was incredible, I cant imagine carrying that along the way.

      You would think I would of learned by now with as many blogs as I read and as many times as that has happened lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!