Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, April 4, 2014

A Little R&R

Well nothing brewing on my end. I looked at my calendar and realized I had four pretty good work outs in a row and needed a rest day. As I've added lunges and squats into my routine, my legs have been more tired lately. I know in the long run its going to be a huge benefit so I just need to stay the course.

So here is last months totals:
3/2 - 3/8 = 18.7 miles
3/9 - 3/15 = 18.32 miles
3/16 - 3/22 = 17.5 miles
3/23 - 3/29 = 12.68 miles
3/30 - 3/31 = 7.02 miles

Total = 74.225 miles

Pretty good month, shooting for 100 this month.

On a side note, have a golf tournament tomorrow, should be a really good time. How many of you participate in other events or other sports? I've noticed now that I'm running I don't like other activities taking away from my running time lol. Let me know...

6 comments:

  1. Good weeks running! Have fun at the golf tournament--sounds fun. Maybe you can run in between the greens....lol.
    We just finished our ski season here, ANC I have to admit, I was ready to be done. My legs were always toast after skiing on the weekends.
    When it warms up I will resume some road biking, but running takes precedence. Everytime I get to a hill on the bike, I have the urge to jump off and run up. It would be easier!
    What kind of training plan are you going to use for the marathon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golf tourney was fun, didn't play as well as I would of liked but the weather was great so can't complain.

      Glad ski season is over, seems like the north and east have had an eternal winter.

      Not sure what training plan I'm going to use for the marathon. I know I'd like to run a half marathon in September but nothing really planned other than that. What do you suggest? I'm sure I'll research plans and look over runners world and some other running sites.

      Delete
  2. Great monthly mileage :) have fun at the tournament! Gym and run - that's it for me lol I was never coordinated enough for sports when I was younger. Oh, I will hop on my bike, but just leisure stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a good month, need to keep building on that.

      Hey biking is tough even leisurely. Takes coordination to stay on that thing.

      Delete
  3. Nice mileage! Hope you hit your goal for May.

    Yes, stay the course with your lunges and squats. Are you lifting with your upper body, too? Don't forget that a strong upper body and core will help carry you through during those longer runs.

    In addition to running and lifting, I enjoy hiking and gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good month, need to stay consistent to hit April goals.

      Uhg I know I need upper body training too lol. Need to add that into my schedule.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!