Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2 Morning Runs In The Books & 3 Days Til Race 1 of 4

Can I call it a trend yet?  Two days in a row I woke up at 4 am, hit the trail at 5am, and knocked out a trail run before work.  Today I was able to run 2.25 miles with about 650 elevation gain.  Today had a few more hikers climbing in after me so I hit some traffic on the way out.  Overall another good run and I'm hoping these climbs will help me next week.



As for our race in 3 days.  The Fiance went down and grabbed our race packets today.  Got our bibs and our event shirts.  This could only mean one thing "Its Time To Race" and I'm even more excited now that I have my bib than I already was the past few days.  Plan is in place, running the whole race with Mrs Running Schlub to use this as a training run for next week.

In the next couple days I want to try and do an overview of Pat's Run.  For those that haven't heard of Pat Tillman and the sacrifice he made for our country, it really is an amazing story deserving of everyone to tell and I truly am honored to participate in the run this year.

Sleeping in tomorrow and running tomorrow evening.  Plan is to repeat the 4 mile speed work on Monday.  So once again I'll be cryin and moanin on Friday.

What are some of your pre race day rituals?  What work out in the next few days are you dreading or looking forward to (rest day does not count)??

6 comments:

  1. I think part of my pre-race nerves is to procrastinate...I can never decide what to wear/bring, and always end up throwing a lot of extra stuff in the car. I also tend to wait to review the start times until the last minute--it has lead to some close calls, and the opposite, arriving an hour early.

    I am looking forward to a speed workout with my daughter (she is 13). 1/2 mile or 1/4 mile repeats, just 3 or 4, but very exciting nonetheless because it is with her! She is shooting for a 6 minute mile in track, and it is spring break this week, but we are going to do it at home (benefit of living with the coach!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm the opposite, i look over the course a few times, make sure my clothes is layed out the night before, like to be ready.

      I cant wait for our little ones to get into running, I would look forward to it as well. Definately one of the benefits of living with the coach.

      Delete
  2. Let the countdown begin! 3 days!

    I think I am sort of dreading or at least anxious about my 12-miler this Saturday. I've been knocking out the 10-milers for a few weeks now, but I haven't run 12+ since my half marathon in Feb.... and those two extra miles can feel like 10 extra miles sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the time cant go by fast enough.

      I would be anxious about that too. And you are absolutely right, for some reason adding on a mile or two makes a HUGE difference.

      Delete
  3. Nice view! You are going to have a great race :) getting up at 4 a.m. is over the top lol dedication :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That the beauty of trail runs, always a great view.

      Getting up at 4 am is rough, but it works out so much better for us in the evening when its family time. See how next week goes if I fall off the wagon lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!