Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weekly Recap

With the ankle injury and Saturday being my rest day, here is my weekly recap.

Week 3/16/14 - 3/22/14
3/16/14 - 4.5 mile road run - 9:01 min/mile
3/17/14 - 3 mile road run - 10:38 min/mile
3/18/14 - 6 mile road run - 9:28 min/mile
3/19/14 - 4 mile road run - 9:42 min/mile
3/20/14 - 0 miles
3/21/14 - 0 miles
3/22/14 - 0 miles

Weekly Total - 17.5 miles - 9:42 min/mile

Monthly Total - 54.52 miles - 9:48 min/mile

Slowly improving from last month, hope to be at 70 miles for the month.

How is your training looking this weekend?  How is your monthly training goals progressing?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what my monthly mileage is...last week's running was 28 miles...thanks for keeping me accountable. How is the ankle? This weekend was a rest weekend...we didn't even go skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accountability is key, I like posting it on here so I can see it, last thing I want to post to everyone is "Sorry everyone I only ran ## miles". Where do you track your milage at? Ankle feels great, I should be back to running tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I track my mileage--lol--pieces of paper which are everywhere. Last weeks is on my husband's desk...I have some in my purse, on the fridge...etc. Like I said, I am working on being accountable. I guess the second step (I am still getting used to tracking them) is a notebook. I could take a GIANT leap and log it on the computer...I am very left-brained about the workouts...I run, I do pretty well about going fast...cross training, and speed work--needs work!
    My husband tells me to write a blog to keep me accountable (and because I enjoy reading them)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always used computer tracking. I've used RunKeeper and Nike+ which they both track your runs from your phone GPS. I also tracked on a spreadsheet so I could run calculations and stuff. Now that I have the Garmin, I'm using Garmin connect and the spreadsheet.

      You should totally do a blog. It definately holds you accountable plus you get to help others by going over your pros and cons of training.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the mileage! It's better to wait and run when that ankle is feeling good again :) (hopefully soon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt pretty good about the week, and I'm glad I shut it down for the remainder of the week. Ankle feels great and I should be able to run tonight.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!