Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Run Update with Some Extra Stuff

I've been feeling bad, my fiance did great at her half marathon this past weekend, BUT now comes the after effects.  She has been having some pretty bad soreness and muscle aches so she has been down and out a bit.  I think yesterday was a turning point and she is starting to get back on her feet but it has been pretty tough because I wish there was more I could do.

As for me, I feel bad cause my runs have been amazing lately.  The miles are starting to add up and my legs are really reacting great.  Last night was 4 miles at about a 9 min pace, but there was plenty of time spent running at 8 min/mile and that pace feels like 11 min pace.  My legs and my stamina are really coming together.  Tough to be happy about these runs when your partner is down.

To the other stuff, as I was running last night and I was yelling at my phone to find the GPS signal, I was thinking about how crazy I am about all this running stuff, so here are some items I laugh about because I am truly a runner at this point.....

You might be a runner if......

- More concerned about an injury affecting your running schedule than the injury itself - Yup guilty on that one.
- You think 50 degrees and overcast is an awesome weather forecast - Yup, perfect running weather
- You see someone running while you are driving and wish it was you - I think I've posted about this before lol
- Your sneakers cost more than your dress shoes - Not sure yet, but next pair definately will be
- You cant wait to check your time online after a race - HAHAHAHAHAHA, yup
- You have more running clothes than regular clothes in your laundry pile - Definately

Do you laugh at these as well cause you know that they are all true?  What other things do you laugh at cause you know your a runner?

Trail run today on lunch is up in the air, but plan for a nice 4 mile run tonight.

3 comments:

  1. ....you know where every dog lives in a 5 mile radius from your home.
    ...you own more sneakers than shoes
    ...you have running clothes/shoes stashed in your car just in case.
    ...your watch is a GPS
    ...you find yourself saying things like, "those were my good sweatpants (tights, shorts, etc)!
    ...you think compression socks look just fine with "civilian clothes/shoes"

    I like the injury effecting your running schedule one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...I forgot one,

    you have given your kids "sports beans" as a candy substitute in a pinch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow "sports beans" to the kids lol, I use those so I'm sure I'll make that mistake in the future. I die laughing at the checking your times online because we do that on our way home from a race and every 15 min once we get home.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!