1) Ran 3 miles on Thursday then ran another 2 while pacing Mrs Schlub. Honestly my ITB was tight so I decided to take Friday and Saturday off to rest. Got back out there yesterday morning. Back when I was mountain biking (I think that fad lasted about 2 weeks lol) I found some great single tracks about 20 min from our house. I figured this would be a great place to get a trail run in since I've been on most of the trails before. Drove out and hit the trails about 6am. I cant stop exclaiming how much I love trail running. I didnt run into any other hikers/runners/riders until there was about 1 mile left on my run. Didnt run into any rattle snakes either and had some amazing skylines while the sun was coming up. In the end I ran 5 miles in and back, total time was 46:09 and had an 8:58 min pace. Great run and came out with no ITB pain.
2) I finally gave in and started strength training. Not much but I've started doing squats periodically throughout the day and my glutes and hamstrings are SORE! I plan to keep this up at work today, go for a walk around our building and do some squats and lunges. If this keeps me injury free and gets rid of that pesky ITB pain, I'm going to give it my all.
3) Last weeks running breakdown:
3/23/14 - 0 miles
3/24/14 - 3 miles - 10:44 pace
3/25/14 - 1 miles - 8:00 pace
3/26/14 - 3.5 miles - 8:29 pace
3/27/14 - 5.17 miles - 9:17 pace
3/28/14 - 0 miles
3/29/14 - 0 miles
Total - 12.68 miles, 9:07 pace
As I look at that I just shake my head, WOW what a terrible week LOL.
4) Mrs Schlub and I are pretty full with runs over the next couple months. As we run more, meet new people, we get invited to more and more runs. Of course we love charity and love running, so of course we say "Yes" lol. I plan to update my upcoming races chart but here is a list of races we have coming up and the charities being supported.
- 4/26/14 - Pat Tillman Run - 4.2 miles - Supports Tillman Military Scholars
- 5/03/14 - Diamondbacks Run - 3.1 miles - Supports Dbacks Foundation for cancer research
- 5/10/14 - The Night Run - 6.2 Miles - Supports Workshops for Youth and Families
- 5/18/14 - 1st Annual Run for the Girls - 3.1 miles - Supports Breast Cancer
5) Continuation from point number 3.......we have officially signed up for.....drum roll please........
Our first FULL MARATHON!!!
We have singed up for the 2015 Phoenix Marathon.
Running friends of ours told us the marathon was at a really good price until the end of the month. On impulse Mrs Schlub and I grabbed our credit card and signed up. Once we did it, we looked at each other and said "What did we just do???" LOL. I am super excited and look forward to training throughout the end of the year. I would still like to knock the half marathon off my list before the end of the year in preparation for the full so we will see how that goes.
Have you ever done a virtual run? Do all of your races support some type of charity?