Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Greatest Interview Ever!!

I've been wanting to do a blogger Q&A for a while now.  The question was who would be my first ever interviewee, reach out to a pro runner?  reach out to a well know coach?  There were lots of options.  When I sat down and thought about it, the decsision was very simple.  Have my first Q&A with the one person who inspired me to start running, still inspires me each and every day, and untimately drives the determination in me to get out there every day.

My wonderful Fiance!!

This is an amazing woman who battles adversity day in and day out with life, kids, dealing with me :), running, and weight maintenance.  I wont go into details about her journey, that is her information to share in her circles, but she started Weight Watchers late last year and has lost A TON of weight.  The transformation has been unspeakable, I'm sure my words here dont due all her hard work any justice, and I truly do look on in awe at what she has been able to accomplish in such a short time.  Through her journey she has met some wonderful supporters, and more importantly inspired many people to either take up running or take up weight loss based on the changes they have seen in here.

So here is my very first blogger Q&A with Mrs. Running Schlub:

What was your best run ever?
Just this past Sunday, I included some of our church music into my song list and it turned out to be extremely thereputic.  My run had nothing to do with speed, nothing to do with my body, it just felt very thereputic and I felt like I was in a really good place.

Worst Injury?
No real injuries thus far, but it was reall rough when my muscles were sore after my first half marathon.  The soreness really came on about 3 days after the race and lasted for 3 days before I was recovered.

You felt most like a badass runner when.....
I crossed the finish line at the Lost Dutchman 10K.  My time was 1h 7m which was a PR and that run had so many hills, you had to be a badass just to finish that race without walking.

Rapid Fire Questions:

When did you start running?
September 11, 2013, simple neighborhood run (BTW for readers, this is The Running Schlubs birthday LOL)

Average miles per week?
About 22

First moment you felt like a "runner"?
**Chuckles** I never really feel like a runner

If you could deliver one message to the readers of this blog, what would it be?
Run your race!

Would you rather look silly on a good run, or look good on a bad run?
Silly any day of the week, I never want to have a bad run.

Cant run without ______________.
Gum

Have you seen any changes since you started running?
I am much happier

Guilty pleasure?
Skinny Cow Ice Cream

One thing you hate about running?
The first mile

So there you have it, my very first blogger Q&A with an amazingly inspirational woman who has made such a positive impact on my life.

Who inspired you to start running?  Who gets you lacing up your shoes and pounding out miles each day even when your tired and lazy?

7 comments:

  1. I love that your fiance started running on her bday! How awesome!! Way to go!

    Being held accountable to my coach gets me laced up on the days when I feel most lazy, but watching videos of Scott Jurek and Anton Krupicka inspires me and actually gets my feet moving out the door (<< the important part)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually started running on MY birthday lol, i updated the blog to clarify.

    You know I have a lot of that as well. I read Tim Olson's race recap from The Transgrancanaria 125K and it got me so excited I couldnt wait to run. These pro runners are definately good motivators and great role models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! Nice to meet you!
    I like to read about running, books, blogs, and watch sports...
    I found a great website, trail runner nation which has podcasts that you can download. I listen to them on my phone on long runs. They interview ultra runners etc. I used it today for some motivation-- if they can run 100 miles, I can surely knock out 5! It is very informative and interesting to me ( running geek)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed to have her and she must be a Saint to put up with me day in and day out lol.

      I read a lot of blogs and articles, I try to get as much information as I can and then make my own determination from there. I figure to be good at anything, you have to educate yourself.

      Delete
  4. Love it :) Kudos to her on the weight loss. I am amazed you can run with run gum lol it makes my stomach feel queasy I tried before thinking it would keep my mouth feeling moist and I just felt queasy lol Running is a great mood lifter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she has had an amazing journey. Dont know whats going on with the gum, I cant do that either, but I guess we all have our run routines lol.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!