Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fun Tuesday

Still battling this cold so running yesterday consisted of a 2 mile trail run and that was about it.  So not much to discuss on the subject of running.  So I decided to have a little questionnaire on todays post.  Stole this post idea from a great blog I follow, Barefoottc (http://barefoottc.wordpress.com/).  And yes I let him know I was stealing this blog idea lol.

The Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Running!

Who(do you run with?)
What(distance do you run?)
Where(do you usually run?)
When(do you usually run?)
Why(do you run?)
How(did you get into running)

Who - I normally run by myself but lately have been including my beagle Buster in my runs.  Plus some family runs at the track here and there.
What - I've been fond of the 5K because of the speed, but as we run more I've been feeling I need to get into the half and full marathon to knock those off my list of accomplishments.
Where - Trail runs on my lunch break but vast majority is parks and roads around our neighborhood.
When - Some runs during the day on my lunch break but most of my runs come in the evening time after the kids are sleeping.
Why - Started running because my fiance wanted us to get healthier (she is the best) and now run for the pure joy.  Really love the training, competition, and the community.
How - Fiance made me, enough said.  But really, we needed to be healthier, she started us down this path and now our entire family is better for it.  We would still be couch potatoes if it wasnt for her.

Look forward to seeing your responses on this Fun Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Who--myself, sometimes with my husband for long runs, one evening a week I meet up with a running friend for a quick run (short distance, slow speed, lots of chatting)
    What--I tend to like the longer distances, I think the 1/2 is my fav, A goal is an ultra of at least 50m, I have done a 50k
    Where--mostly roads, in the summer trails 1 a week, temps in single digits, or ice, the treadmill in my basement
    When--after I drop off the kids at school and in the winter wait for it to "warm-up", in the warmer weather around 8am, I take a long time to get out the door
    Why--My sanity, I don't know what I would do without it, I feel so much better after a run
    Why--I started in school, and I can't stop!
    How--recruited in school by the coach--loved it! I was a kid who often ditched my bike in the neighborhood in favor of running after everyone...

    Hope you feel better. I hope to get out soon, waiting for the am ice to melt--the next 2 days they are predicting snow, so it'll be the treadmill...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intrigued by the ultra marathons as well. But that is A LOT of running lol. Its always great to see the difference in running preference and running background with the running community. Always a great insight.

      Delete
  2. I love that your dog is getting in on the running action too! I really need to find some kind of dog rental service. I'm highly allergic to dogs so I could never keep one as a pet, but I'd love to take someone else's dog out for a run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting concept, all the fun of the outdoors with your four legged friend without all the downside of house messes and stuff. Someone should start that service.

      Delete
  3. Are you currently training for any races? I might steal this activity off from you like you did to the first guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently training for a race next month. The Pat Tillman run which is 4.2 miles.

      Of course you can steal this idea LOL its great to see all the different stories and background for different runners.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!