Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Beauty of Rest Days

I have to admit that I don't look forward to rest days, but they sure do wonders for the body when you need them.  I have been on the IR for over a week now sticking to a few miles here and there on my mountain bike.  After the long weekend, last night was an off night to just relax and I sure do feel good today.  I had planned to hold off until Wednesday to start running but I just might give it a go tonight.

To help with the rehab, my wonderful fiance bought me a brand new foam roller and I can see why so many people recommend them.  This thing has hurt at times but it sure does work.

How many rest days do you usually incorporate into your training plan?  Do you utilize a foam roller in your post workout body maintenance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!