Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Success at Last

FINALLY!!!  I was able to get out last night and bike about 3 miles.  No pain during the bike ride and as soon as I got home I iced my knee, used an ace bandage, rolled the muscles, and did some stretching.  Knee felt great and I was really relieved that I didn't reinjure myself.

Thanks to all of you who provided feedback.  I think I took just about all the advice and put them into place after my bike ride last night.  I think this could be a break through in my training and I'll have to keep up this body maintenance moving forward to remain injury free.

Additional thought, I have a small laugh each time I read a blog post about having to run on the treadmill or having to take a day off due to the snow.  The weather in AZ is beautiful right now!


What has your weather been like lately?  Is the weather impacting your training in any way?

Plan is to bike another few miles tonight, keep ice and compression on my knee throughout the day.

4 comments:

  1. 14" of fresh snow yesterday, and a balmy 14degrees. I will wait until this afternoon to go out, and let them clear the roads first and let it warm up (to 20). The treadmill is a necessary evil if it is below 15, or storming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I hate running in the cold so I'm sure if we had a treadmill I would use it more often than I initially thought. My fiance and I were just talking about a treadmill so she can get more runs in during the day, so we will see.

      Delete
  2. Oh I am jealous...no warmth here AND no snow..it's just cold with no purpose. Blah. I'm most definitely not a fan of east coast summers, but I am ready for a little bit more warmth (or at least sunlight!)

    Glad your knee is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard not to be somewhat boastful these past few weeks when all I read about is east coast having to dig out of snow. All the more reason for me to heal up and get out there to enjoy the weather.

      Thanks for the encouraging words, I feel much better today and think I am getting closer to running again.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!