Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Rest Weekend

Biked a few miles on Friday then took the rest of the weekend off.  I have been a head case lately thinking that I've injured my IT Band.  I didnt realize I had injured it a few months ago and ended up taking a week off to let it heal.  So now any time I feel a slight twinge in my knee, I think I've injured my IT Band.  My fiance thinks I'm crazy LOL.  Feels pretty good this morning so I am hoping to run tonight.

Have you had any nagging injuries that derail your training?  Who were you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Plan is to run a hard 3 miles tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!