Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, February 21, 2014

It Was Inevitable

No run last night, my Fiance was right AGAIN, I was letting the ITB issues go away and was down for a few days a couple weeks ago.  Barely coming back this weekend, the last thing I needed to do was reinjure myself.

So what was inevitable??  I've read lots of other blogs about this situation happening and it finally happened to me yesterday.  I head over to the trail by work and as I get ready.....NO SOCKS.  As I said, I've read a lot of other blogs, and it seems at one point or another everyone has forgotten some item they needed for their workout.  So it was inevitable I was going to forget something.  Funny part is, as I was reading all those other blogs I'm chuckling to myself "how do you forget (insert forgotten item)" and telling myself "Well I would never forget something like that."  Well here is to me and how silly I felt yesterday.  Although, I went barefooted (no way I was sitting in sweaty work socks for the rest of the day) and the run went surprisingly well.  Still, I dont plan to forget them again in the future LOL.

So here it is, what items have you forgotten for a workout in the past?  How did it impact your workout?

Rest day last night, probably take a nice easy 3 miles tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! Yes, forgetting items of clothing/accessories is an eternal battle, and one that we runners will inevitably lose once or twice along the journey! Did you run completely barefoot, or just have sockless feet in your trainers? If you haven't tried running barefoot before, I can thoroughly recommend it (makes you feel like a naughty schoolboy for one!), although start off slowly and don't try to run too fast - great way to work on your running form!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This run was not barefoot, simply went sockless in my shoes. I havent ventured into a full barefoot run, but here and there I will warm up in some of those slipper socks with the no slip bottoms. It really does feel different and my stride feels a lot smoother.

      Delete
  2. Barefooted would be a brave move on a trail lol Sock -less thumbs up if you got away blister free lol I have gone to the gym and for got my headphones and lasted about 15 min. w/o them...I need my music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised how well the run went without the socks. Yet, I dont plan to do that again. I agree, I dont know how long I could go without my music either.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!