Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Enlightenment

I came across a new activity last night that may just be a revelation for my training.  Since running my last 5K, I've been adament about running more miles in a week to build stamina to decrease my run times. 

Monday I ran a PR for 3 miles and I thought I was well on my way.  Planned to run a smooth 4-5 miles last night and it was just disasterous.  Calves were hurting and even worse, my knee started hurting.

Decided to take Wednesday off to let my body rest.  Well last night, by accident basically, I ended up biking about 3 miles.  It was FANTASTIC!  I usually take our dog for a run on the bike and last night I took a different route and along the way I realized this could really work for my cardio.  So I ended up building up some sweat, had a tired dog, and no pain in my calves or knees.  I am SUPER excited today!

Have you come across a new activity that was ground breaking for your training?  What types of cross training do you have in your training plan?

Plan is to run 4-5 miles tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!