Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Additional Training Exercises

Have been doing some reading today to see what other activities I can add into my training to help decrease my run times.  The three items I am really looking into are specific running drills (butt kicks, high knees, bounding, etc.), plyometrics (squat jumps, lateral jumps, power skipping, etc.), and lastly adding in an endurance run.  As I research these more I may provide a post on each one detailing how they benefit/improve running times.

Do you have any exercieses in your training plan other than basic runs and speed training?

Have to look at my training plan and see where I can add in some additional activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!