Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Active Recovery

Legs didn't feel too bad yesterday, once I got home from work we went down to the track so we could run.  As I jogged my warm up laps, my calves were super tight and no loosening up in sight.  Decided to go with a nice easy active recover jog to try and loosen up.  I got two miles under my belt and called it quits because my calves were still super tight.  Was able to knock out two miles in 15:45 at a 7:50 pace.

Highlight of the night, Fiance was talking to me about rolling out our muscles and showed me some blog posts online.  We ended up getting a rolling pin and running it over our legs and I can't believe how much that actually works.  I think I've found my new pre- and post- run activity lol.

Have you added active recovery into your work out plan?  Have you used a foam roller or other gadget to help dimish your sore and aching muscles?

Plan tonight has me running 3 miles, wondering if I should take a day off to let my legs rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!